The Product Owner is responsible for walking the line between business requirements and technical implementation. The primary responsibility of the Product Owner is create and maintain the Scrum Team’s backlog, prioritize work and drive the teams release plans. Doing so successfully will require very strong communication skills and the ability to successfully translate between technical teams and both internal and external stakeholders.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Candidate must have 2+ years of experience in most if not all of the following:
- Building and grooming of a product backlog
- Creation and prioritization of User Stories
- Working closely with the Scrum Master to ensure backlog is ready and actionable.
- Being responsible for backlog grooming and story pointing.
- Facilitating the Definition of Ready and Definition of Done criteria for all stories.
- Developing relationships with internal and external customers
- Inter-team Coordination and Collaboration by helping identify and track user story dependencies between scrum teams.
- Learns from and shares best practices with Product Owners on other teams.
- Developing broad and achievable release plans.
Familiarity with agile tools and software applications:
- MS Team Foundation Server (preferred)
Additional Beneficial Skills
- Application design and development
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Travel/hospitality industry experience
- Experience with high-volume transactional accounting systems (accounts receivable and accounts payable)
- Experience with security protocols (i.e. OWASP Top Ten, PCI Compliance, and data encryption standards)
- Experience with software development process management
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Burlington and Stowe, VT; Portland, ME; Edwards and Denver, CO