Lodging Performance Reporting Manager
Inntopia, a Stowe, Vermont-based travel technology and research company, is accepting resumes from qualified individuals for the position of Lodging Performance Reporting Manager in their Denver-based Business Intelligence division. In this role, you’re responsible for the oversight of all stages of the production and publication of our DestiMetrics family of reports to our lodging client base. This includes the management of full time data analyst staff, data vetting and interpretation, custom report development and production, managing adherence to publication schedules, supporting the technical oversight of our database systems, supporting client relationships, written and oral reports of findings, and assisting technical teams as they support all aspects of the reporting systems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
To be successful in this role, you:
- Are a highly organized and motivated individual;
- Have a sound knowledge of lodging industry performance metrics and ability to apply these to destination travel operations;
- Spend time digging into data and enjoy unearthing new ways to get results using database or spreadsheet methods and are not necessarily tied to convention;
- Have shown that as a manager of staff you can oversee part- and full-time staff and are comfortable and experienced in overseeing staff that work remotely;
- Use your strong command of the English language to be a confident public speaker and it’s easy for you to convey complex ideas clearly and understandably to wide audiences, both live and remotely;
- Are looking for the opportunity to take a leadership role in a company that leads its field and is widening the gap as we continue along a steep growth curve.
Your specific skills are:
- 2 years’ experience as a team leader, supervisor or manager
- 1 years’ experience working with lodging industry performance metrics
- Data analysis skills using database, spreadsheet, analytics or custom tools
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to provide a high degree of customer service
- Broad understanding of lodging industry performance metrics, including ability to convey these metrics in a clear and concise manner
- Broad understanding of the greater economic environment in which consumers operate and the consequences of these conditions on the destination traveler
- Staff management skills, allowing you to oversee both full- and part-time workers in an office environment
- Ability to professionally and confidently represent the company in public forums, presenting findings to large audiences often greater than 200 persons, both live and virtually.
- Microsoft Excel customization skills with pivots, macros and charting
- Ability to work with custom data analysis tools
- Understanding of relational databases
- Experience with custom iteration(s) of Salesforce.com
This is a full-time salaried position based in our Denver office. As the successful candidate, you recognize the efforts required to meet deadlines to ensure the ongoing success of the department. You’ll be starting immediately and ramping up over several weeks. Your day-to-day work will be conducted in our Denver office using equipment provided by Inntopia.
Compensation is based on experience and skill set, and though we’ve listed minimum requirements above, we’re looking for better, stronger, faster individuals who can keep up with the pace we’ve set ourselves and our team, so bring your game.
We’ll be looking for resumes, references and samples of your work that convey the skills we’re seeking. We’re happy to answer any questions that might help you put together your submission package and you can respond to this ad with a specific inquiry should you wish to do so.
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.